AFL Blog

Footy central for all the latest updates from on and off the field.

Fevola re-signs 3 year deal

Fevola re-signs 3 year deal
Aug
1
1 0

Written by AFL Online on 1st Aug 2008

After months of speculation and widespread rumours Brendan Fevola has finally put pen to paper and signed a new deal which will keep him at Carlton until the end of 2011.

The announcement comes a week after the club announced it would be putting contract negotiations between Carlton and Fevola’s management aside until the end of the season. Fevola himself claimed he wasn’t aware that negotiations were still in progress.

“I didn’t really realise (the club and his management) were still talking. I came off the track yesterday after training and I had a missed call from Mark, my manager and I rang him up and said everything’s ready to go.” Fevola said at a press conference on Thursday.

“Carlton’s been my home for 10 years… I’d be pretty silly, I do some silly things but I’d be pretty silly to leave this club we’re on the way up, so there was no way I was going to leave.”

Only two goals behind the leading goal kicker Lance Franklin, Fevola has a battle ahead of him in the upcoming match against Adelaide after only managing two goals against the Crows earlier in the season.